I wrote that filing appointments and making plans are different kinds of tasks that require different tools, which is why the Hobonichi Techo isn’t for me. The past two weeks I’ve been using my old Filofax Metropol to combine both things in one package. Weekly calendar inserts as my inbox, ruled inserts for planning. I discovered the planner community in the process and Van der Spek’s custom made organizers. Time to share some sites I discovered in my search for the perfect Van der Spek planner.
Van der Spek Resources
- Van der Spek’s official facebook page with photos and videos of custom made planners.
- Van der Spek Fan Group on Facebook offers plenty of photos, comparisons and advice.
- Van der Spek Leather Samples for purchase in the official shop. I list it here because it is a little bit hard to find on the website.
- Van der Spek FAQ by Steve Morton (a hero of the planner community). Especially the descriptions of different types of leather are helpful.
- Van der Spek’s official blog with photos and news.
Van der Spek Reviews
- Standard size: nero – acacia
- Standard size: ciocolatta – undyed (nickname “Cappuccino”)
- Standard size: mare – menta (nickname “Daisy”)
- Standard size: nero – barbie (nickname “Guinness”)
- A5: ciocolatio – cuoio
- Standard size: teal ostrich – pool
- A6 custom size: cuoio – cuoio
- Standard size: ciocolatto – turchese nappa
- Standard compact size: red italian – red italian
- Standard size: janet black – janet black
- Standard size: grey ostrich – grey ostrich
I will update the list as I get deeper into my newfound planner obsession. Your additions are also very welcome.